- This article clarifies some advanced Catia V5 Assembly alternatives.
- Social event Feature Hole Series
- Versatile Rigid Sub-Assembly
- 3D Section Cuts
- Outside Parameter creation
- Rapid Constraint
- Prerequisite Creation Mode (Chain, Stack, and Default Mode)
- Brisk Multi-Instantiation
- Splendid Move
Assembly Feature Hole Series
Utilizing the Assembly Hole Feature, we can make alternate kinds of openings in various parts all at once.
To make a Counterbore arrangement Hole:
1. Select the opening symbol in Assembly.
Select the top substance of a segment and afterward click Add All Parts button. In the Hole Definition board, give the subtleties to a Counterbore Hole.
To create a Simple Hole series :
- Snap the Add Series button.
- In this New Series, utilizing the control button, select the necessary parts and afterward click the select catch.
- Tell the status changed to Yes from No.
- In the Hole Definition board, give the subtleties for a Simple Hole.
To create a Threaded Hole series
- Click Add Series Button.
- In this New Series, using control button select the required parts and then click select button.
- Notify the status changed to Yes from No.
- In the Hole Defi nition panel give the details for a Threaded Hole.
Regularly all Sub-Assembly in a specific get together is supposed to be Rigid. At the Assembly level, we can’t move the parts of the Sub-Assembly independently. This different development in Sub-Assembly should be possible by making the Sub-Assembly Flexible. For this situation, Chain1 is Flexible and Chain2 is Rigid. In the event that we attempt to move Link1 in Chain2, both Link1 and Link2 get the opportunity to move together. Nonetheless, Link1 in Chain1 or Link2 in Chain1 can move independently. In the wake of giving updates, both Link1 and Link2 will go to the first position.
- Make Chain1 adaptable. In the determination tree, the shading will be changed for the Flexible Assembly.
- Give the Angle Constrained between Link 1 and Link 2 of Chain 2 and change the Angle esteem.
- Connection 1 and Link 2 of Chain 2 will change its position. In any case, Chain 1 isn’t getting influenced since it is a Flexible Assembly.
- By changing Chain 1 as Rigid from adaptable, the situation of Link 1 and Link 2 of Chain 1 additionally changed according to Chain 2.
3D Section Cuts
For making Sections in Assembly, we need to go for DMU Navigator.
Click Insert — > Sectioning
As a matter of course, it will give the Section bend, everything being equal. In any case, area bends for the chose segments can be made by giving different choices in Selection Tab.
We can Manipulate the Section Plane through the positioning Tab available in the Section Dialog box
- We can export the Section result as Catpart, Catdwg, iges, dwg, dxf etc., through Reslt Tab.
- Preview can be set as fi lled or with grid.
- We can Lock the Section that was created in Catia through Behavior Tab.
External Parameter creation
A parameter of one part can be linked to other parts so that the change in the first part’s parameter will reflect in both. Right-click the parameter or
variable that needs to be changed from some other parameter or variable.
- Go to the Edit formula from the contextual menu.
- Click the required driven parameter along with the formula.
The Quick Constraint option will create constraints based on the selections.
- Select the Quick constraint icon and then select the required Axis/ Face/Edge or any entities.
- If two axis are selected then it will create coincide constraint.
- If two planes or surfaces are selected then it will create Contact constraint.
Constraint Creation Mode (Chain, Stack & Default Mode)
- Click the required constrained Mode and then double click any constrain (Example with Offset Constraint).
- Select the Faces/ Entities for creating Constraints.
- In Default Mode, every time the two selections for constraint creation need to be selected. In Stake & Chain Mode the Last selection of the first constraint creation will be taken as the First Selection for the next set.
- While doing Instantiation the data will be stored.
- By clicking Fast Multi-Instantiation and clicking the component, the Instantiation will be performed immediately with the previous data available.
It will create the possible constraints after the selection of Two faces/ Edges/Axes or any Two entities.
We can use this option for Quick constraint creation or Translation (By making Automatic Constraint creation Mode OFF).
After the selection of Two entities, it will list all the possible constraints. We have to move the required constraint to the First. The Possible constraint will be created from that order shown.